Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1!

Okay here we are! Day one of my 30 days of Pinterest!

So for those of you who know me I am in my 40th week of pregnancy and still no baby :( so the first few days of this project will most likely be about getting baby out or preparing for baby (sorry).

So today I will be doing a pin about how to induce labor naturally from home. And fingers crossed it works!

So here is the first Pin



http://wrylilt.hubpages.com/hub/Ways-to-induce-Labour-Naturally

40 Ways to induce Labor Naturally
1. Acupressure - I went to the nail salon and got a foot massage as well as a pedicure (I need nice toes for the delivery room), while she was rubbing my feet I was massaging the skin between my thumb and forefinger. RESULT: nothing



2. Balsamic Vinegar - So tonight for dinner I made pasta with balsamic vinegar, basil and oregano. RESULT: nothing
3. Bananas - My bananas weren't ripe enough :( so I will try this later this week.
4. Basil - see #2



5. Black/Blue Cohosh - I have researched this and the effects looked a little scary so I am not going to risk it.
6. Borage seed oil - So since I am already taking primrose oil I don't want to take too many herbs. I am just going to stick with the primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea.
7. Bouncing on birth/exercise ball - I started doing this last night and I got some contractions but they must have been Braxton hicks since no baby today. RESULT: nothing



8. Bumpy car ride - Okay somy complex has tons of speed bumps, so you bet that I ran over those puppies at full speed :) RESULT: nothing :(

9. Castor oil - I have researched this online and there are too many risks - once I get to 41weeks I may try this.
10. Chinese food - So this is one of the first things that I tried last week. A girl I work with tried this with her daughter and she had her 9 days early. It is the MSG in the food that is suppose to induce. RESULT: nothing but a bad tummy ach :(



11. Clary sage oil - Couldn't find this at my local sprouts :(
12. Dancing - My husband laughed when I started doing this... Epically since I was dancing to Christmas music ( it makes me think she is coming soon) RESULT: nothing
13. Dates - ugh I find these repulsive but tonight I blended them in a smoothie with some vanilla ice cream for desert. RESULT: nothing



14. Eggplant - I went to Trader Joe's today looking for this in the frozen food section, as I don't have the patience or time to make it from scratch. RESULT: couldn't find it :(
15. Evening primrose oil - Okay so I have been taking this orally on and off since 36 weeks - I am going to try the suggestion of putting it "up there" tonight so I will update this tomorrow with my result :) RESULT: nothing



16. Galloping - So I tried doing this in my condo and I am sure I pissed off my downstairs neighbors! But I wasn't about to do this outside haha RESULT: nothing
17. Glass of Wine - Haven't had any alcohol while I have been pregnant and I am not about to start now!
18. Golden seal - See #6
19. Kneeling on all fours - Tried this and it didn't make the baby come but it did feel good so I will keep it up. RESULT: nothing but a better back :)
20. Licorice - Ugh I hate licorice! So this is a no go for me.
21. Mandarin oil on heels - Had the lady at the nail salon try this. RESULT: nothing.
22. Massage - Had my husband help with this since I got nothing from it (go figure) but I will be going to one on Monday if she doesn't come by then
23. Motherwort - See #6
24. Nipple stimulation - Tried this myself but didn't get anywhere so tomorrow I am going to try it with my pump.
25. Oregano - See #2
26. Orgasm - Tried this (alone as my husband is freaked out since the Dr. Said " her head is right there" ) RESULT: nothing :(
27. Pineapple -
28. Quinine - Not quite sure how it works but I've read that it is used in various countries - either pill or liquid form.
29. Raspberry leaf - I have been drinking this tea for about two weeks straight. I asked my Doctor and she said it couldn't hurt so I bought a new box today. RESULT: nothing but I am interested to see if it helps with labor.



30. Relaxation excercises - Try some relaxing music and just lie back or even join a meditation class.
31. Sperm - Unfortunately this is a no go since my husband is freaked out (see #26)
32.Spicy food -
33. Squats - Doing a few of these each day often helps to move the baby down and into position.
34. Squaw Vine - Old remedy. Not sure how well it works.
35. Stretch and sweep of membranes - So I had a doctor apt yesterday and asked her to do this, she did my exam and said she couldn't reach my membranes since I am only 1 cm dilated :(
36. Swimming - Relaxed swimming can help bring out the baby - both the water and the movement help.
37. Swinging on a swing - couldn't find a swing anywhere :(
38. Thyme Tea - Worth a try!
39. Visualisation excercises - Many women swear by these. Try making a recording of yourself talking about the baby moving down, preparing to be born etc or just imagine it in your head.
40. Walking - This morning my husband, dog, and I took a nice long walk around Dana Point Harbor. RESULT: nothing :(



41. Walking up/down stairs - I am lucky enough to have stairs in my condo, that ironically lead up to the nursery... So needless to say I have been up and down these bad boys about 5-10 times a day



42. Yoga - Many places offer special classes for all st



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment